Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dissatisfied

A couple of weeks ago we got a new swimming pool and, of course, I want to swim every single day.  The problem is that I live in the northern part of the United States of America.  Swimming (outside) in April and/or May is a tad too refreshing.  Two of my grandsons have been in, but that was only so they could say they were the first ones ever in the pool and even then they jumped in, and out, rather quickly.

May first, I kind of fell in while sweeping the pool.  Actually I was standing on the ladder, in up to my knees, and fell the rest of the way in.  Once that happened I figured I might as well make a whirlpool so all the debris would go to the middle, making it easier to sweep next time.  The water was cold but it's not like I died of shock or hypothermia or anything.  Next day it was an unseasonable 80 + degrees outside.  Obviously it was a sign from God telling me He wanted me to go swimming, too!  My family and friends were aghast to find I'd been swimming for the past 2 days. The pool has a solar cover for crying out loud!  It's not like I was chipping ice to get in, even if that's what my husband inferred.  Did anyone ask him? No. There you go.

Have you ever planted flowers or other plants?  It's very hot, messy work.  You become sweaty, sticky and dirty when planting things to beautify your home or to ensure fresh vegetables later in the season.  Tracking the dirt into house only means you have to spend more time inside so you can clean it up.  I just spent the past 4-5 months inside.  I'm tired of being inside.  Yet, here I am; hot, sweaty and dirty.  What to do, what to do?  How can I avoid bringing the dirt into the house?  Let me think...

Hark!  There is a large body of water right here in my backyard!  All bundled up in a solar (read thermal) blanket, no less!  Must be another sign.  Into the drink (not that kind of drink!  I'm clean and sober, I'll have you know.) I go!  Is God good to me or what?  It was heavenly.  Took care of the hot, dirty and sweaty in pretty short order, I'll have you know.  This schedule was repeated, more or less, for 5 days.  I was on track for some kind of record.

Yesterday there were pansies walking about wearing jackets.  Can you believe that sh... crap?  Then it rained.  Dang.  Once the breeze picked up- strong enough to blow trash cans down the street, but not yet unmanageable- I began to suspect my winning streak might have come to an end.  I didn't get to swim yesterday.  This morning, I can see my breath when standing outside.  There is a chance I won't be swimming today either.  Poop.

Still, I was able to go swimming for five days straight in May!!  How cool is that?  Am I grateful?  Hell no!  I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict.  When has five of anything ever been enough?

Have a good and sober day.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you to get in there and swim. Our water temperature is around 80. Not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80 degrees? What a spoiled brat you must be! JK Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete