Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Discovery

This morning, as I was doing my usual morning puttering, I made a discovery.   I often like stumbling across something that, although I might have suspected to be true, I didn't really know for sure.  Tragically, this was not the case today.  I did make a discovery, I didn't like stumbling across the confirmation.  Today's discovery was that cleaning up dog puke 10 different times (in 10 different locations no less!)  has the effect of snuffing out any thrilling comments on sobriety one might have otherwise posted about.

I was letting thoughts drift through my head while talking with the old HP seeking guidance, which is pretty standard behavior for me before I post.  My chilled fingers wrapped around a warm mug of tea, I stepped out onto the back deck.  Not quite sunrise but the birds are chirping madly.  Spreading gossip about what occurred in the nest across the tree last night, no doubt.  The dog is lazily sniffing around the yard after doing her business - well, some of her 'business'.

Looking to replenish my tea I open the back door.  The dog comes bounding through the yard at warp speed making sure she gets in before I do, seemingly not a care (or a health issue) in the world.  Thus began this morning's routine:  dog barfs, I let her outside while I clean up, dog barks, I let her in, dog barfs, I let her outside while I clean up, she barks.....  repeat times 10 ad nausea-m.  And wouldn't you know it, after it was all over, I was unable to focus on sobriety.

Howz about we say I posted on Current Events instead.

Have a good and sober day.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay because the dog barf kept you busy and that can be a good thing too. Maybe not the kind of busy you wanted though.....

    ReplyDelete