Saturday, December 1, 2012

Back Pocket

At a recent ETA meeting a chronic boozer and user explained her pattern of recovery (?).  

"I'm an alcoholic/drug addict that comes into the rooms of ETA, gets recovery and develops a relationship with God and life becomes wonderful.  Then I quit coming to ETA meetings, put God in my back pocket and eventually return to drinking and drugging."

Having witnessed this merry-go-round a few times over the years, I'm thinking 'Gasp.  No shit??  Wow!  Who'd have ever thought that repeating the same routine over and over would result in an identical outcome?'  I was shocked, shocked! I tell you.  As usual, when I think this kind of thing, what I'm thinking and what I say are two totally different things.  When it's my turn to share, here is what I said:

"If you put the old HP in your back pocket it's a sure bet that, sooner or later, you're going to get bitten in the ass!"

Have a good and sober day.

2 comments:

  1. Alcohol is very dangerous for the healths and it should be avoided and we need to give some efforts to giving up that alcohol.Addiction Intervention

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't do it by ourselves and most of us need the old HP, too.

    ReplyDelete