Monday, November 26, 2012

Young People Study

From the ETA Monthly, a magazine that is an ETA meeting in print

THIS JUST IN!!!

A recent study (Probably a very expensive and long drawn out study.  I don't know this for a fact, but aren't all studies?) from some Biggie Wow Hospital that is more than likely a major think tank ( You gotta almost die laughing at the term 'think tank'.  ETA has billions of thinkers!  However,  ETA is a program of action!) on boozers and users has published these astonishing results:

Teenagers with substance abuse problems (I had no problems abusing substances, it was stopping and staying stopped that was the problem) are more likely to stay clean and sober if they:
 
1. Get a sponsor 
2. Work a 12-step program
3. Do service work
4. Read recovery literature
5. Attend at least 3 ETA meetings per week

I am just stunned at this revelation.  I have never heard of such a thing before.  These results are almost unbelievable.  Had I not read this with my very own eyes, I would have walked around in ignorance for the rest of my days (bumping into all those teenagers with substance abuse problems, no doubt).  Luckily, we are now enlightened to the fact that teenage substance abuse/addiction can be successfully treated the exact same way that has worked for those 20 and older for over 75 years.  

Have a good and sober day.

No comments:

Post a Comment